Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Introduction

I'm horrible at introductions. They always seem to be a bit corny, no matter how well-thought-out they are, so instead of posting some all-encompassing "about me" entry, I'll keep it short.

I'm a 24-year-old laid-off student: what basically amounts to the trifecta of Broke. Lucky for me I enjoy cooking, which makes feeding myself on a pauper's budget much easier than it would be if I had a weakness for eating out or buying meals in cardboard boxes. Also helping in the money department is not eating meat. Lentils are a girl's best friend, and the people who say it's diamonds clearly have not had my curried lentil soup.

I think that's plenty of introduction for now. After all, it's not about me...it's about the food!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! I love the pics, the layout, your commentary - very enjoyable. You've taken something that for me would be daunting (cooking), and made it approachable.
    - Sly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Hopefully I'll have some new entries next week :)

    ReplyDelete