Thursday, August 26, 2010

Still alive...

Cooking has been about the last thing on my mind for the past couple of weeks, sad to say.  My architecture portfolio was due to determine where I'd be placed in the new program, and I spent quite a bit of time fretting, procrastinating, and finally working on it meticulously, going nearly two full days without sleep, and driving four hours round trip, all to have the powers that be glance over it for a whopping five minutes.

On the upside, everyone I've met so far at the new school seems very friendly, I might get to embarrass myself in front of the associate director with what I'm sure will be some very bad German, and the academic advisor for my program is a fellow runner.  I might just like it there.  Everything is still up in the air - money, work, and a roof over my head - but I'm looking forward to a change.  Sometimes a new city, a new routine, and the new outlook that comes with it are good for the body and soul, and it's usually worth the time and stress it takes to put it all in place.  In der Zeit wird alles gut.

That being said, I'm looking forward to putting my chef's hat back on within the next few days.  I've taken the past couple of days to recuperate and reset my internal clock, and I've got a bit of an injury to contend with as well.  It's possibly a stress fracture, but I'm hoping it's something less serious that will go away quickly with a combination of rest and denial.  Denial works for most things, right?

In lieu of a pretty picture and a yummy recipe, let me just say that instant coffee powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, unsweetened soymilk, and ice in a blender make a delicious, guilt-free, antioxidant-rich treat.  It only tastes bad for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment